INTERNATIONAL DEBATE ACADEMY SLOVENIA 2008
THE BEST IN WUDC/BP DEBATE INSTRUCTION
23-30 NOVEMBER 2008
MANY WAYS TO PARTICIPATE:
- Full program for university students – instruction, tournament.
- Tournament for university students – tournament in Maribor.
- Full program for trainers, teachers, coaches, club leaders, judges at any level in any debate format.
- Arrive in Ormoz, Slovenia November 23 2008
- Instruction in Ormoz November 24-28 2008
- Transfer to Maribor afternoon 28 November 2008
- Tournament in Maribor evening 28-30 November 2008
- Loke Wing Fatt, Singapore: Legendary debate trainer, WUDC breaking judge, honorary professorship North-Eastern University China, SAID Singapore, 4th IDAS.
- Jens Fischer, Germany: Berlin Debating Union, Chief Adjudicator at Europeans, 3rd IDAS. Invited.
- Sam Greenland, UK/Hong Kong/Australia: WUDC semifinalist for Sydney, Hong Kong world schools coach, 3rd IDAS.
- Neil Harvey-Smith, UK: President Worlds Council, Chief Adjudicator Europeans 2008, US Universities 2009, WUDC finalist, 2nd IDAS.
- Steve Llano, USA: Professor at St. John’s University NY, NE USA Director of the Year, USA National Champion coach, 3rd IDAS.
- Branka Marusic, Croatia: President Europeans Council, IDAS Finalist, 2nd IDAS.
- Rhydian Morgan, UK: Chief Adjudicator and Finals judge at numerous tournaments, Welsh Debating Federation, World Debate Institute faculty 2008, 2nd IDAS.
- Uve Poom, Estonia: Europeans EFL Champion, IDAS Finalist, Euros 2008 organizer, 2nd IDAS. Invited.
- Alfred Snider, USA: Professor at University of Vermont, Director World Debate Institute, USA Coach of the Year, six recent debate textbooks, 6th IDAS.
- Bojana Skrt, Slovenia: Director ZIP, twice WSDC EFL Champion coach, 6th IDAS.
Students: Each Instruction day features a main lecture, exercise and drill sessions, and two complete critiqued practice debates. Many elective classes offered. Many training preparation sessions offered. Judge evaluation and training offered.
Trainers: Special track created based on the needs of attending trainers. All welcome.
Sponsored by IDAS, ZIP and hosted by Debate Club University of Maribor Faculty of Law. Six preliminary rounds and semifinals in the WUDC format. No team caps as of now. Faculty will serve as adjudication core and administration for the tournament.
Rooms and full meals provided in Ormoz and Maribor. Social activities organized each evening.
Includes all meals, double rooms, instructional materials, transportation from Ormoz to Maribor, and social activities.
200 Euros for full program, 50 Euros for tournament.
We hope to offer substantial scholarships to needy applicants. We are in negotiations with sponsors now and hope to be able to offer substantial scholarship assistance. Get a scholarship form at the website.
Applications and information available:
APPLICATION DEADLINE 30 OCTOBER 2008
SOON AT THE WEBSITE http://debate.uvm.edu/idas.html
Questions? Ask Bojana Skrt, firstname.lastname@example.org
Peter Mesarec, Assistant Director
Helena Felc, Social Director
Zlata Subinski, Tournament Host
More about ZIP: http://www.ljudmila.org/debata
We look forward to working with you at IDAS 2008!
-Bojana & Tuna