Here are some more details about the Academy, more details you can find at: http://debate.uvm.edu/idas2007.html, which I do recommend you check on regular basis till the beginning of the Academy.
Topic area: majority of the topics will be from the field of equal opportunities. You can find the list of topics and some research material on the IDAS web page.
- From 17th – 23rd morning, Hotel Ormož, Vrazov trg 35 – it is the center of Ormož, 5 minutes walk from the train station. You can not get lost, Ormož is a small town.
- From 23rd 12.00 (registration) to Sunday 25th, Dijaški dom Bežigrad, Kardeljeva ploščad 28, Ljubljana. Please, go to http://www.ljubljana-tourism.si/ to find the map and the direction to come to the dorm.
Beginning of the Academy: The full calendar of Academy in Ormož and tournament in Ljubljana is available on the web page. Here I would just like to stress that the Academy starts on Saturday, the 17th at 17.00, so you are expected to come before that.
On Friday morning, the 23rd we will go to Ljubljana (the transport will be arrange by us), where the tournament will start at 14.00. The final debate will be at 12.00 on Sunday, the 25th November, the guest speaker being a mayor of Ljubljana Zoran Jankovič.
Participation fee: You are expected to pay the participation fee upon arrival in cash. You will get the official comfirmation of the payment. Here are the things which are covered by your participation fee, trainers voluntary work and other trainer in kind countribution, like their travel expences, ZIP and sponsorship from Office for youth and the action All equal – all different.
- Full board in Ormož, starting on the 17th with dinner and finishing on the 23rd with lunch; in Ljubljana starting with dinner on the 23rd, finishing on Sunday, the 25th with breakfast. In case you are staying extra nights in Ljubljana or coming earlier in Ormož, you need to pay directly to the hotel, however you do need to inform us about it.
- Transportation from Ormož to Ljubljana.
- Lectures, material, organisation.
All the other expences are yours, from extra nights, extra meals, transportation and everything else.
Social: There will be a country exhibition organised on Sunday evening. This is an event in which all of you need to participate: bring food, sweets, drinks, gifts, souvenirs, information about you country, music, dances you put it in display and you share all of these with all the participants. We are having participants from 17 countries, so we can expect a really great country exhibition.
Dress code: We are very informal, however, you can be if you want to, dress how you feel. Have in mind we are arranging the reception in Ormož mayor castle and that at the tournament finals there will be Ljubljana mayor coming.
Transport to Ormož: We are not organising pick ups and we do not organise the transport from Ljubljana to Ormož, this is up to you. Here is the list of trains for Ormož from Ljubljana and the information about the transportation from the airport to Ljubljana. Ljubljana train and bus station are together.
TRAINS TO ORMOŽ
Ljubljana 7.40 Ormož 10.25
Ljubljana 12.50 – Pragersko 15.08 arrival/departure 15.10 – Ormož 15.41
Ljubljana 17.25 – Pragersko 19.29 arrival/departure 19. 44 – Ormož 20.15
For the ones who are coming from Zagreb and Belgrade, change the train in Zidani most – you do not need to go to Ljubljana.
The train ticket one way from Ljubljana to Ormož is between 9 and 10 EUR.
BUS FROM LJUBLJANA AIRPORT TO LJUBLJANA
There are two different bus companies transporting from the airport to Ljubljana bus and railway station (they are together). It takes 30 to 45 minutes, costs 4,5 EUR.
7.00 10.00 12.00 14.00 16.00 18.00 20.00
5:45 6:40 10:55 12:40 14:30 16:00 17:30 18:25 22:55 00:00
Sintija Dobrotinšek, + 386 (0) 31 658 971
Bojana Skrt, + 386 (0) 41 423377
Looking forwad seeing you in Slovenia,
Bojana & Sintija